PART 1: Did you know? Caring can have a myriad of positive changes on your life. There are a range of rewards that come from caring:
These can include:
- knowing that you are helping someone who needs you and who you care about
- a strong relationship between you and the person you care for
- a sense of purpose
- personal growth and new skills
- being acknowledged and appreciated by the person you care for, and by family and friends
- sharing the fun times, and being there for successes and improvements.
Stay tuned, in the following days we will discuss some of the challenges of caring and how we can combat the challenges to produce the best outcome for yourself and the person you are caring for.